Welcome to Veda Medical, where we specialize in comprehensive hand and microsurgery services. Our esteemed team of skilled surgeons is dedicated to delivering exceptional care and achieving optimal outcomes for patients needing hand and microsurgical interventions.
At Veda Medical, we understand the importance of healthy and functional hands in performing everyday tasks and maintaining a high quality of life. Whether you require treatment for traumatic injuries, congenital hand anomalies, nerve and tendon injuries, or complex reconstructive procedures, our experienced hand surgeons are here to help.
Our expertise extends to microsurgery, a specialized field that involves intricate procedures using high-powered microscopes and advanced surgical techniques. Microsurgical interventions, such as tissue transfers, nerve repair, and replantation, allow us to address complex conditions and restore function to the smallest body structures.
We are committed to providing personalized care and tailoring treatment plans to meet each patient’s unique needs. Our state-of-the-art facilities are equipped with the latest technologies, ensuring the highest standards of safety and precision during surgical procedures.
With our compassionate approach, attention to detail, and dedication to achieving optimal results, you can trust Veda Medical to provide exceptional hand and microsurgery services. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and embark on a journey towards restored hand function and improved quality of life. Our experienced team is ready to support you throughout your treatment, ensuring a seamless and successful recovery.
Services We Provide
Veda Medical is proud to offer a comprehensive range of hand and microsurgery services, catering to various conditions and injuries affecting the hand and wrist. Our skilled specialists provide expert care for hand and wrist fractures, ensuring accurate diagnosis and implementing appropriate treatments such as casting, splinting, or surgical interventions. We also specialize in managing hand and wrist injuries, including trigger fingers, mallet fingers, nail bed injuries, power saw injuries, and wrist tumors.
Additionally, our dedicated team addresses regional pain of the hand, offering advanced treatments for conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis, Dupuytren’s Contracture, and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. With a focus on personalized care and utilizing cutting-edge techniques, we strive to alleviate pain, restore function, and enhance the quality of life for our patients. Here is more detail on the hand and wrist services we provide at Veda Medical:
Hand and Wrist Fractures
Hand and wrist fractures are common injuries that can significantly impact one’s ability to perform daily activities. At Veda Medical, we specialize in diagnosing, treating, and managing fractures affecting the hand, fingers, thumb, and wrist. Our skilled team of hand surgeons is committed to providing comprehensive care to help you recover and regain function. Hand and wrist fractures we treat include:
- Finger Fractures: Fractures of the fingers can occur due to direct trauma, crushing injuries, or sports-related accidents. These fractures may involve the phalanges (finger bones) or the metacarpals (hand bones). Prompt and accurate diagnosis is essential to ensure proper treatment and prevent long-term complications.
- Nonunion Fractures: In some cases, fractures may not heal properly, leading to nonunion. Nonunion fractures can cause persistent pain, limited mobility, and functional impairment. Our hand surgeons are experienced in managing nonunion fractures through various techniques, including bone grafting, fixation, and stimulation of bone healing.
- Scaphoid Fractures: The scaphoid is a small bone near the thumb’s base. Fractures of the scaphoid can occur due to a fall on an outstretched hand. Prompt diagnosis and treatment are crucial because scaphoid fractures have a higher risk of complications such as nonunion (failure of the fracture to heal) or avascular necrosis (poor blood supply to the bone).
- Thumb Fractures: The thumb plays a crucial role in hand function, and thumb fractures can greatly impact daily activities. Fractures of the thumb may occur at the base, middle, or tip of the thumb. Proper evaluation and treatment are important to preserve thumb stability and function.
- Wrist Fractures: Fractures of the wrist commonly involve the radius and ulna bones. These fractures can result from falls, sports injuries, or accidents. Depending on the severity and location of the fracture, treatment may involve casting, splinting, or surgical intervention.
At Veda Medical, we employ advanced imaging technologies, such as X-rays and CT scans, to accurately diagnose hand and wrist fractures. Our treatment approach is tailored to each patient’s specific needs, considering factors such as the type and location of the fracture, age, and overall health.
With our expertise in hand and microsurgery, we aim to restore hand function, alleviate pain, and promote a successful recovery. We provide comprehensive care throughout treatment, from initial evaluation and diagnosis to post-operative rehabilitation and therapy.
If you have experienced a hand or wrist fracture, trust Veda Medical to provide exceptional care and personalized treatment options. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward healing and restoring your hand and wrist function. Our compassionate team is dedicated to helping you regain control and lead a fulfilling life.
Hand and Wrist Injuries
Hand and wrist injuries can occur due to various causes, ranging from everyday accidents to sports-related incidents. At Veda Medical, we specialize in diagnosing, treating, and managing a wide range of hand and wrist conditions. Our experienced hand surgeons are dedicated to providing comprehensive care to help you recover and regain optimal hand and wrist function. Hand and wrist injuries we treat include:
- Jammed and Mallet Finger: Jammed and mallet finger injuries often occur from sports-related activities or accidents where the finger is forcefully bent or hit. These injuries can result in pain, swelling, and difficulty in finger movement. Treatment options may include splinting, buddy taping, or in some cases, surgery to repair damaged tendons or bones.
- Nail Bed Injuries: Nail bed injuries can result from direct trauma to the fingertips, such as crushing or slamming fingers in doors. These injuries can cause significant pain, bleeding, and nail deformities. Our hand surgeons can assess and treat nail bed injuries, ensure proper wound care, repair damaged tissues, and preserve nail aesthetics.
- Power Saw Injuries: Power Saw injuries can cause severe damage to the hand and wrist, including deep cuts, fractures, and nerve injuries. Prompt evaluation and treatment are crucial to prevent complications and optimize hand function. Our specialized team is skilled in managing power saw injuries through surgical techniques, reconstructive procedures, and rehabilitation.
- Trigger Finger: A trigger finger is a condition where one of the fingers gets stuck in a bent position and then suddenly snaps straight. It can cause pain, stiffness, and difficulty in finger movement. Our expert hand surgeons can diagnose and treat trigger fingers using conservative measures such as splinting or, if necessary, surgical interventions to release the affected tendon.
- Traumatic Injuries: Traumatic hand and wrist injuries can result from accidents, falls, or sports-related incidents. These injuries may involve fractures, dislocations, ligament tears, or nerve damage. Our hand surgeons have expertise in managing traumatic injuries, providing comprehensive evaluation, stabilization, and tailored treatment plans to restore function and promote optimal healing.
- Wrist Tumors: Tumors can develop in the wrist, affecting the bones, joints, soft tissues, or nerves. These tumors may be benign or malignant. Our hand surgeons are experienced in diagnosing and treating wrist tumors, offering personalized treatment plans that may involve surgical excision, reconstruction, or other necessary interventions.
At Veda Medical, we prioritize accurate diagnosis, personalized treatment, and comprehensive hand and wrist injury care. Our team utilizes advanced imaging techniques, such as X-rays and MRI scans, to assess the extent of the injury and develop an appropriate treatment plan.
If you have experienced a hand or wrist injury, trust Veda Medical to provide exceptional care and tailored treatment options. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let our expert hand surgeons guide you on the path to recovery and restored hand and wrist function.
Regional Pain in the Hand and Wrist
Regional pain affecting the hand and wrist can arise from various conditions, causing discomfort, limited function, and reduced quality of life. At Veda Medical, our experienced team of hand specialists is dedicated to diagnosing and managing these conditions to alleviate pain and restore optimal hand and wrist function. Regional pain conditions we treat include:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, which runs through the carpal tunnel in the wrist, becomes compressed or irritated. This can cause pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in the hand and fingers. Our specialists can provide conservative treatments like splinting, medication, hand therapy, or surgical intervention in severe cases.
- Carpometacarpal Boss: Carpometacarpal boss refers to a bony lump or prominence that can develop on the back of the hand, near the base of the thumb or little finger. It can cause discomfort, limited movement, and aesthetic concerns. Our experts can assess the severity of the boss and recommend treatments ranging from conservative measures to surgical excision, based on the individual’s needs.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS): CRPS is a chronic pain condition that usually occurs after an injury or trauma to the hand or wrist. It is characterized by persistent pain, swelling, skin color and temperature changes, and limited mobility. Our experts can provide a multidisciplinary approach to managing CRPS, including pain management techniques, physical therapy, and other interventions to improve function and alleviate pain.
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome: Cubital tunnel syndrome occurs when the ulnar nerve becomes compressed or irritated as it passes through the cubital tunnel on the inner side of the elbow. This can lead to pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in the hand and fingers. Our specialists can provide non-surgical treatments, such as splinting and physical therapy, or recommend surgical options for more severe cases.
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis: De Quervain’s tenosynovitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the tendons on the thumb side of the wrist. It can cause pain, swelling, and difficulty gripping or grasping objects. Our specialists can offer non-surgical treatments like splinting, medication, or physical therapy and may consider surgical intervention if conservative measures do not provide relief.
- Dupuytren’s Contracture: Dupuytren’s contracture is a condition that causes the tissues beneath the skin of the palm to thicken and form nodules or cords. Over time, this can lead to the bending of the fingers, making it difficult to extend them fully. Our specialists can evaluate the severity of the contracture and recommend treatments ranging from non-surgical interventions to surgical procedures like fasciectomy or fasciotomy.
At Veda Medical, we understand the impact of regional pain in the hand and wrist on daily life. Our specialists employ advanced diagnostic techniques and personalized treatment plans to address these conditions effectively. We prioritize conservative approaches but offer surgical interventions when necessary to relieve and restore optimal hand and wrist function.
If you are experiencing regional pain in your hand or wrist, trust Veda Medical to provide exceptional care and personalized treatment options. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let our expert specialists guide you toward effective pain management and improved quality of life.
Hand and Wrist Conditions
Hand and wrist conditions can significantly impact daily activities and quality of life. At Veda Medical, we specialize in diagnosing and treating various hand and wrist conditions to provide relief and restore optimal function. Hand and wrist conditions we treat include:
- Arthritis: Arthritis can affect the hand and wrist joints, causing pain, swelling, stiffness, and reduced range of motion. Our specialists offer personalized treatment plans that may include medication, splinting, physical therapy, or surgical interventions to manage arthritis and alleviate symptoms.
- Bursitis: Bursitis occurs when the fluid-filled sacs (bursae) that cushion the joints become inflamed. Bursitis can cause pain, swelling, and limited mobility in the hand and wrist. Our experts can recommend conservative treatments such as rest, immobilization, medication, and physical therapy to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- Cold or Numb Hands or Fingers: Cold or numb hands or fingers can indicate underlying conditions such as Raynaud’s disease, nerve compression, or circulation problems. Our specialists can evaluate and diagnose the cause of these symptoms and provide appropriate treatments to improve blood flow and alleviate discomfort.
- Ganglion Cysts: Ganglion cysts are fluid-filled sacs that often develop near tendons or joints in the hand or wrist. They can cause pain, swelling, and limited movement. Our specialists can offer various treatment options, including aspiration (draining the cyst), steroid injections, or surgical excision, depending on the size and symptoms of the cyst.
- Gout: Gout is arthritis caused by the buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints, leading to severe pain, swelling, and redness. Our experts can provide comprehensive management strategies to alleviate symptoms, including medication, dietary adjustments, and lifestyle modifications.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition that primarily affects the joints, including the hands and wrists. It causes pain, swelling, stiffness, and joint deformities. Our specialists offer personalized treatment plans involving medication, physical therapy, splinting, or surgical interventions to manage rheumatoid arthritis and improve hand and wrist function.
- Stiffness in the Hand or Wrist: Stiffness in the hand or wrist can result from various causes, such as arthritis, tendon inflammation, or previous injuries. Our specialists can determine the underlying cause of stiffness and develop treatment plans that may include physical therapy, medication, splinting, or surgical interventions to restore mobility and reduce discomfort.
- Wrist Sprains: Wrist sprains occur when the ligaments in the wrist are stretched or torn due to a sudden impact or excessive force. Our experts can provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment options, including immobilization, physical therapy, and, in severe cases, surgical repair to facilitate healing and restore wrist stability.
At Veda Medical, our dedicated team of specialists utilizes advanced diagnostic techniques and personalized treatment approaches to address hand and wrist conditions. We are committed to providing compassionate care and restoring function, helping our patients regain control and lead a more comfortable and fulfilling life. Contact us today to schedule a consultation, and let us guide you toward optimal hand and wrist health.
Meet Dr. Mohan
Board Certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship Trained in Hand, Wrist, and Microsurgery. Dr. Pradeep S. Mohan is a highly-skilled, Board Certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. After completing his General Surgery Residency at Seton Hall University, he attended Yale University and Southern Illinois University to complete fellowships in Hand and Microsurgery and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He has received extensive training in all aspects of Cosmetic Surgery and Non-Surgical Rejuvenation.
Dr. Mohan takes pride in his work, and his patients love him for his transparency, excellent bedside manner, and ease of explanation of the procedures. He believes in having educated and informed patients. Dr. Mohan is known for his individualized and comprehensive treatment plans and dedication to perfection, resulting in total patent satisfaction. He is here to help you achieve your desired goals.
Contact Us Today!
Are you ready to regain optimal hand and wrist function, alleviate pain, and enhance your quality of life? Look no further than Veda Medical, where our experienced team of hand specialists is dedicated to providing exceptional care and personalized treatment options. We are committed to delivering outstanding outcomes with our expertise in hand and microsurgery, state-of-the-art facilities, and compassionate approach. Contact Veda Medical today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards restored hand and wrist health. Let us be your trusted partner on your journey to improved function, comfort, and a brighter future.